Sunday, October 17, 2010

Plan for the Future

Today I was reading one of my friends most recent blogs. He had put up a post today, it included a picture slideshow of his mission. It wasn't a very long slideshow, but in the middle of it I thought about Gods plan for each and every one of us.

The way that I thought about it in my mind, is that God knows everything. From the beginnning to the end. So if we think in these terms, The slideshow of life is continually being created through the choices we make. The only difference for God is that he already knows how the slideshow ends.

Most of the pictures that I saw were portraying happiness. And with how many smiles that were shown just proves that the scripture 2 Nephi 2: 25 is true. Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy. It is so amazing that we are here on the earth to experience joy. I am so happy that I can feel the peace that comes when I feel the spirit of the Lord.

So the purpose of this post today is that we must challenge ourselves to create the best slideshow of our life that we can possibly make. I know that sometimes we fall and that we need to repent of our sins. But if we repent then those parts on our slideshows will be 'edited', so to speak.

I know that God has a plan for each and every one of us. He knows the beginning from the end. With that said, He knows how to help you get to that end, but we must choose his path to get there. I know that this gospel is true. I know that as we live righteously, we will prosper and we will be blessed.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

I feel honored that you'd cite my blog, Braden. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)