Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Testimony Growing

To begin with this post, I am finally off to college. Happy day. :D I have learned that the ability to work can make a big difference to anything I'm doing. (Especially Homework.) I have been down here for just over a month and I have done a lot of new things.

Last week I was asked to give a talk in Sacrament meeting about the scripture, 1 Nephi 15:25. I must say that I prepared for a while before getting the talk finished. I didn't really know that the Sacrament meeting would be the ward conference and that the Stake Presidency would be there. But I gave my talk anyway, and I think I did a good job.

Later that evening I went to the CES Fireside with Elder Richard G. Scott. Just as the fireside was starting I recieved a phone call from one of the stake presidency asking me to meet with them just after the fireside. I said ok, and I felt a little tense during the rest of the fireside.

I went to meet with them after the fireside was over, and I was really suprised to be extended a calling. (I will share what the calling is in the next post.) When I came back to the dorms I was just really happy, and some of my friends could tell. :D

Over the past few days I have been evaluating my testimony of the gospel and I have come to realize that the Lord has had his hand in my life for a long time. I know that He will guide me in this calling. He qualifies those He calls. So I know that He will be with me to strengthen me with each thing he requires.

I know that Jesus is the Christ. He is my Savior. I know that He was the only one who could have finished the infinite atonement. I thank Him for all He has done for me.

In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments: