Saturday, September 25, 2010

An Eternal Perspective

I remember a while back, I was trying to deal with some of my personal problems. I wasn't doing really well, and I was getting really tired of the temptations from satan that would not stop coming. I was having a hard time keeping an eternal perspective. Later I discovered for myself that it is so much easier to keep the commandments of the Lord if I keep my eternal goals in the front of my mind.

So, yesterday I was having a very difficult day, and satan was taking his opportunity to tempt me. I felt like it was the most I've been tempted in a very very long time. But while I was being tempted, I remembered how far I have come. This thought gave me the courage to keep the commandments, and was the predecessor of my eternal perspective.

My eternal perspective starts with finding my eternal companion, and keeping the commandments so I may be trusted by her forever. Next I want to be worthy to serve the Lord a mission. I have decided that I don't want satan to bring me down into depression about myself and where I am. I want to end up where my Father in Heaven wants me to be. And that is to be with Him forever. I want to be a good example of a worthy member of the church. I want the Lords will to be done in all things for me, because He knows what is best for me at all times, and in all things. I want to keep a strong testimony of this gospel.

I know I have a long way to go to reach all of these personal goals, but I do know that with the Lord, everything is possible. I want the Lord to be by my side for the rest of my life, and for this to work, I have to come to Christ. I am going to get to Christ by diligently studying my scriptures every day, and pray each morning and night. I know that the Lord wants us to be submissive to His will. I pray that I can and will be strong enough to do His will.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

What a good perspective and good tool to keep the adversary out of your life. You are awesome Braden!

Keri said...

I liked that blog a lot! :) It made me happy!