Thursday, March 11, 2010

Time

Today has been interesting. For those of you who don't know, I work construction for a campany called HHI. The work I have been doing is mostly cleaning up the job sites that are being finalized. But this week three of the projects are getting finished. And I have been 'working myself out of a job,' So to speak. So today I didn't have work, and I will have the same problem tomorrow.

Yesterday, when I went to my Great Grandmothers funeral I talked with my great uncle and I asked how he was doing. He is retired and just playing. He said he made a deal with his wife when they got married, which was (and is), 'if you ever have any free time, fill it with something to do.'

So today I decided to give it a try. And wow, it has made feel like I can actually get things done. I cleaned my room, I cleaned the family room and I took time to read my scriptures and pray.

And for sure the temptations were there that wanted me to waste my time with nonsense things, but making the conscious decision to fill my time with positive things makes the biggest difference about how I feel about free time.

Tomorrow, There is no free time for me.

May the Good Lord bless and keep you.

No comments: