Saturday, March 6, 2010

Foreordination

I've been thinking a lot recently about what it means to be foreordained. The word foreordained means that we were chosen to have a certain calling in this life before we got here. The concept of being chosen in the premortal life gives us a clue to how strong and righteous we were before we reached this mortal life.

In this life however we do not know how we acted in the premortal life, thus giving us the opportunity to choose for ourselves what to think and believe here on earth.

My thoughts tonight are about choosing to be foreordained. It is my oppinion that through our actions and our choices that we become foreordained. Like a Patriarchal blessing, we can choose to follow it's guidance or choose to completely ignore it. But if we choose to follow it, we will gain the blessings of it and gain the Spirit more fully into our lives. The way we live our lives and the decisions we make fulfill our opportunity to become what the Lord has planned.

I believe that we choose to be foreordained. The wonderful Plan of Happiness sets the scene and we choose our outcome, though we may not know the consequences at that time.

I know that the Lord lives. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, he is my advocate with the Father. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that if we make the right decisions we will be happier in life and become better and true disciples.

May the Lord bless and keep you.

No comments: