Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Diligence

Diligence means to have constant and earnest effort to accomplish what is undertaken. Is your best effort earnest and constant? I know mine hasn't been. But trying to be diligent in the small things every day makes a big difference over time. I really liked what Nephi said in 2 Nephi 4:16 "Behold, my soul delighteth in the things of the lord; and my heart pondereth continually upon the things which I have seen and heard." Wow, Nephi knew the definition diligence, and lived it.

Recently I have decided to read the Book of Mormon for at least half an hour every day. I know that I have felt the spirit more in the last two weeks. Being diligent in this task has not been easy. "If I don't make time to read my scriptures, I won't have time." I have taken this task upon me and I hope to be a better person for it.

I would like to turn this challenge to you. Make some time to read and ponder the scriptures. I have also noticed that if you keep a journal and pen at the ready personal revelation comes easier.

Being diligent requires making a decision and acting on it. I made the decision to read the scriptures and now I am going to do my best to be diligent and consistent with it.

May the good Lord bless and keep you.

1 comment:

Rachel Ann said...

Thank you for your encouragement to "make" time. It was exactly the reminder I needed as I make new goals for my spring term.