Monday, February 22, 2010

Beginning the Journey

Welcome to my blog, this is my chance to tell you how I am becoming a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. On this site I will bare my testimony, and share scripture thoughts I have had recently.

I have recently decided to prepare more effectively and efficiently to serve a mission. I went to a YSA fireside last night and I listened to brother and sister Foust talk about running. They used running as a metaphor for life. Brother Foust talked about his experience running the wasatch 100. Really, it is one hundred miles. Our life is a journey, full of ups and downs. And we always need to be on the watch for the deadly snakes on our paths and point them out to others on their way. This is saying that we need to always be on guard for the Adversary, He wants us to be miserable. Also, we need to bear one anothers burdens and help them on their way back to the Lord.

Then Sister Foust spoke about the Disneyland Half Marathon. She prepared with her daughters for this event for two months. They woke up every day and took the time to strengthen their endurance. She thought about how this life is the time to prepare to meet God, and that she could be doing a lot more to strengthen her spiritual endurance. This is why I am starting this blog. I want to strengthen my spiritual endurance and become a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I know that my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, lives. I know that he has atoned for my sins, and for the sins of the world. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, I have taken Moroni's challenge several times, and every time I have taken the challenge, I recieve a greater resolve to conquer Satan. I know that keeping the commandments is the only way to recieve peace of mind.

May the Lord Bless and keep you.

No comments: